Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering and Materials
We are a successful, friendly, University, recognised for our focus on student satisfaction, retention and achievements.
We are currently seeking to recruit to this key position within the newly formed Engineering and Design Department at the University of Chichester. You will join the team in preparation for the launch of our Engineering and Digital Technology Park at the Bognor Regis Campus.
The post holder will play a leading role in developing Engineering & Design programmes focused towards the needs of industry through CDIO pedagogy, with a strong emphasis towards interdisciplinary teaching and research.
Can you contribute to the delivery of Mechanical Engineering and Materials programmes, do you bring a wealth of experience across the field? - Are you passionate about your specialist expertise in an applied area of Mechanical / Materials Engineering? Which might include,
- Manufacturing and Product Design
- Sports Engineering or Biomedical Materials
You will have the opportunity to make a key contribution to a number of new programmes, building on your experience of sharing knowledge and your skills in an academic or learning environment. You will have
- a good relevant undergraduate degree
- a doctorate in a relevant subject area
- excellent teaching and presentation skills with the ability to foster creative approaches when responding to scholarly challenges
- a deep understanding of Mechanical Engineering and Materials, and knowledge of the current initiatives underpinning the subject area
- the ability to develop areas of interest in field and more widely within the faculty
Does this sound like you? If so we are waiting for your application.
Informal enquiries are welcomed by Professor Stuart Harmer, Head of Department, Engineering & Applied Design
Closing Date: 17 July 2017
Interview Date: TBA
The University of Chichester welcomes applicants from BAME minority backgrounds as they are under-represented at Senior Manager level. .Applications for this position may be considered on a part-time basis with the salary adjusted on a pro rata basis.
Click Here to download and save the full job profile.